Russian Word of the Day
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Increase your Russian vocabulary by visiting this page on a regular basis. Every day, a new Russian word is posted with an English translation, pronunciation and examples of usage. You can also review all the words featured during the past month.
to answer, reply, respond
[ah-TVYEH-teet']The man has answered the letter.
- Он отвéтил на письмó.
- He answered the letter.
- Отвéть за меня на экзáмене, а?
- Please help me get an answer at the exam, ok?
- Онa отвéтилa мне злóм на добрoту́.
- She reacted inadequately to my kindness.
- Écли меня́ учи́тель спрóсит - я отвéчу
- If the teacher asks me, I'll give an answer.
- Ты у меня́ отвéтишь за разби́тое стеклó!
- You'll assume all the responsibility for the broken glass!
View more examples >>
Recently featured words
Copyright 2001-2014 MasterRussian.com | Privacy
Policy | Contact Us