Russian Word of the Day
Thursday, August 27, 2015
Increase your Russian vocabulary by visiting this page on a regular basis. Every day, a new Russian word is posted with an English translation, pronunciation and examples of usage. You can also review all the words featured during the past month.
picture, painting, movie
[kahr-TEE-nah]There's a picture on the wall.
Photo by Paradigm CC-BY-2.0
- На стенé виси́т карти́на.
- There's a picture on the wall.
- Мне нрáвятся карти́ны И.Левитáна.
- I like I.Levitan's paintings.
- На досу́ге он пи́шет карти́ны.
- He does painting in his free time.
- Вчерá мы бы́ли на вы́ставке карти́н ру́сских худóжников.
- Yesterday we were at the Russian painters' exhibition.
- Ты сам написáл карти́ну или купи́л?
- Have you done the painting yourself or have you bought it?
View more examples >>
Recently featured words
Copyright 2001-2015 MasterRussian.com | Privacy
Policy | Contact Us