Russian Word of the Day
Friday, April 24, 2015
Increase your Russian vocabulary by visiting this page on a regular basis. Every day, a new Russian word is posted with an English translation, pronunciation and examples of usage. You can also review all the words featured during the past month.
to turn out, to be found, to prove
[ah-kah-ZAH-tsah]He suddenly found himself in the country side.
Photo by Photofreak!, licensed under CC SA 2.0
- Оказáлось, что онá больнá.
- It turned out that she was ill.
- Вдру́г он оказáлся зá городом.
- He suddenly found himself in the country side.
- В кармáне оказáлось тóлько дécять рублéй.
- There were only ten rubles to be found in the pocket.
- Я приéхал в Тверь и вдру́г оказáлся бeз докумéнтов.
- I came to Tver and suddenly I found myself without any documents.
- Они оказáлись хорóшими людьми́.
- They turned out to be good people.
View more examples >>
Recently featured words
Copyright 2001-2015 MasterRussian.com | Privacy
Policy | Contact Us