|FR||About us | Home | User agreement | Link to us|
Kvass is one of the national drinks of Russia. It is usually made of wheat, rye, rye bread, or barley and buckwheat meal. Kvass is of very low alcoholic content (0.7 to 2.2%). Because fermentation is required, it will take you 2-3 days to make kvass. Kvass is sometimes called in English a bread drink. Below is a simple kvass recipe.
1. Slice the bread and dry it in the oven. The rusks should be ruddy but not burnt.
2. Put the rusks in the sausepan, pour the boiling water, cover the contents and draw for 2-3 hours.
3. Strain the infusion through clothing without pressing, add the yeast, mint and sugar.
4. When kvass starts to foam, filter it again, pour out in bottles, put 3-5 raisins into each bottle and cork them.
5. Leave kvass for 2-3 days until it is ready.
1. The water used for kvass must be soft.
2. Store kvass in the cool place after you have poured it into bottles.
3. Kvass is best served chilled in hot weather.
Ask them in the Russian Questions and Answers — a place for students, teachers and native Russian speakers to discuss Russian grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, and other aspects of the Russian language.
English » Russian dictionary
TODAY'S STREET SIGN
Russian: Театр кукол
English: Puppet theater